Top Ten Countries To Move To
Last week, Alex discussed the ten best states to move to. This week, we’re going international by presenting the ten best countries to move to. While these are only ten of the 195 countries in the world, they each offer plenty of benefits for those who want to relocate. If you have the desire and means to move internationally, you might want to consider going to one of the nations on this list.
1. Canada - If you don’t mind the cold, our neighbor to the north is a great place to relocate to. As the country has a similar standard of living to that of the US, moving to Canada will probably cause the least amount of culture shock of all the countries on this list. You can also take advantage of its cosmopolitan cities (Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver) as well as its vast wilderness.
2. New Zealand - Playing the role of Middle Earth in the Lord of the Ring movies, New Zealand’s beautiful scenery is reason enough to attract expatriates. Also, its low population density (there are more sheep than people) means there is plenty of room for newcomers. If you needed another reason to move to New Zealand, the country is always ranked as one of the safest in the world.
3. Belize - This small country can be found be found bordering Mexico and Guatemala. In addition to its rapidly growing economy, Belize boasts plenty of undisturbed rain forests and world-class scuba diving. Aside from all that, it is the only country in Central America that has English as its official language.
4. Ireland - With its friendly people and welcoming nature (the country has one of the highest number of immigrants in Europe), Ireland is an ideal place to move to. The country is famous for its history and lush, green landscapes. Though Ireland isn’t immune to the global recession, many experts project that it will become one of the strongest European economies within a decade.
5. Andorra - This tiny country, found in the mountains between France and Spain, is perhaps one of the world’s best kept secrets. Despite its small size, Andorra has a strong economy and very low taxes. As if that weren’t reason enough to move there, the country also has the world’s highest life expectancy. (next page)
Pages: 1 2